Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Mini-Mes

Let me begin with my new favorite picture of Miss Mace. Love this little doll!
Now, I'll tell you a little secret about our girls: one looks nothing like me, yet acts exactly like me. The other one actually looks like an 8-month-old version of me, yet she is much, much more like her daddy. Can you take a wild guess as to who is who?? :)

When I was pregnant, I had a hard time envisioning what my baby would look like, but I knew one thing was certain: brown hair and eyes were dominant, so, chances were, Baby Tenner would look just like me. Boy, was I wrong. Abby is our blonde, blue-eyed firecracker. While she looks just like her daddy, boy does she act just like her mama. She is the goofy, stubborn, emotional, sensitive, caring, hot-tempered, and DRAMATIC like me. I admit it. Our little secret, remember?


But her little sister looks just like me. My brown-haired, brown-eyed child of mine. My mini-me, when it comes to looks, but personality-wise, she, at least at the moment, is more like her daddy. She is not nearly as "chatty" as Abby was, is, and WILL FOREVER BE! (To her future husband: I am very sorry. She came this way. She is naturally a Chatty Cathy. Have you met her mother?!) Macy is more reserved. She takes it all in. Macy also is terrified of strangers and men. And if you're a strange man? Well, that is a double dose of despair. Where Abby never met a stranger, Macy is much, much more cautious. When the garage door fix-it man came to our house last week and began cooing at her, she broke into tears. When the Sonic lady started making cooing noises at Macy today at the mall, Macy began frowning and whimpering. (While I am trying to show similarities between Macy and Matt, I am 99% certain that he does NOT, in fact, do this. Love you, babe!!) Overall, Macy does not seem to be as overly dramatic as her big sister. But, time will tell, right?

However, there is one area that Abby is just like her daddy: her competitiveness. She thinks everything is a competition. She and Charlie Sheen have a lot in common right now: "Winning!" The word is uttered from her mouth a good 15-20 times a day. No exaggeration. We go up the stairs. "I won!" she proclaims. Macy stands next to my leg. "I'm way taller than Macy. Macy is short," she notifies me. "Macy's feet aren't bigger than mine!" she tells us. We go to retrieve the mail from the mailbox, and she immediately races ahead of me. "I won!" she proclaims, yet again. "I'm super fast. You're super slow." Oy. I do think that her becoming a Big Sister has quite a bit to do with this. However, I know that much of it comes from her daddy: if any of you have ever had a conversation about Texas Tech football and its rivals with Matt, well then, by golly, you know there is a teensy tiny amount of competitiveness inside of him. Exaggeration noted. :)

Matt still clings on to hope that a third child is in our future. My response? If he wants to carry the child for 9 months, birth it, and then stay home with it, then I am ALL FOR IT! :) If we had a boy, I couldn't imagine what he would be like. Oh my!

Now, I will leave you with some goings on around our house the past few days.

Macy still has no teeth. Considering she will be 9 months next week, and not to mention the fact that she sticks every toy known to man in our house right into her mouth, I am praying they come SOON! Here she is chewing on Baby Clarky doll. He already has only 9 fingers. I guess Abby used him as a chew toy too. Nice.Macy is standing up more and more these days. She's been pulling up onto things for over a month now, but she has recently started standing without holding on to anything or anyone. And she'll stay standing all by herself for several seconds. (Note: she doesn't stand up all by herself. She'll just let go of our hands once she's standing and then she continues to stand.) Also note: I stuck in Abby's bow in Macy's hair. I have no idea how I feel about this. And Lord knows I am no fasionista to know whether this is cute or not. Oh well. Macy loves opening the cabinets on our entertainment center. She pulls out movies and then proceeds to chew on the covers. Good times.

Abby and Macy played dress-up yesterday afternoon. While it looks like they are having fun in this picture, I will tell you that only one of them was enjoying herself. And it wasn't the little one who was being treated like a living mannequin. Just sayin'.

That's all I have right now. It's now 11:16 according to my computer clock, and I am one tired mama. But you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love these girls...whether they're dramatic, cautious, talkative, reserved, etc. Doesn't matter. Mini-me or Mini-Matt, they are ours, and they are loved. And that's what's important.


Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment