Thursday, March 1, 2012

Movin' on Up...to the west side??

We did it.  After months and months of hard work, we have officially put our house on the market.  I have been ready for this moment for a long time, but once that sign went in our yard today, I felt so overwhelmed.  This is all very stressful!  But I know it will be worth it.  Let's just pray that it sells quickly, shall we??  If you know anyone who is looking for a house on the East side, call me!! :)
Getting our house ready to list has been a long and exhausting process! This is what I got to do on Sunday.  Fun, huh?  I'm not scared of heights or anything, but just being up 10 feet on that landing (cleaning the window), I realized just how crazy people are who jump out of planes/bungee jump, etc.  I'd rather keep my feet down below, on solid ground. No professional window washing for me!
 In other news, Abby wanted to dress up one day a couple of weekends ago.  She really wanted to wear some makeup, so I obliged.  Matt wasn't too keen on seeing his older daughter partaking in blush and lipstick application, because, he said, it aged her too much! (And he's really, really, really not ready to think of his "baby" girl as a teenager just yet!)  In the meantime, a little four year old certainly felt like she was a true Cinderella.  You look gorgeous, Roo!
 Here is Abby with her good pals Noble (the one she's going to marry) and Jackson (the one who is going to protect Abby from all the bad guys out there, when they go to school at Tech together--*see below), dressed in the coat of many colors at school.  Too cute!
Speaking of schoool, Abby's class picture was today, and today also kicked off Suncreek Kids Read Every Day.  Here is her Sky Blue class paying tribue to the Cat In The Hat.  What adorable kiddos they all are!

*I wrote "Abby loves A&M" on a piece of paper for her.  Once she saw it, she scribbled over it.  Sigh.  The thought of that child being a Red Raider just makes me sick to my stomach.  I MUST think of some other method to change her mind about A&M.  Bribery of some sort???!  Promise her a pony??!!  A trip to Disneyworld??  Agh!!!

Abby got to hang with Ellie the other night.  They have been friends since being in utero, and they always have a blast together.  I mean, how cute are these two?  Oh, to be a carefree four-year-old again!!
 I don't dress Abby and Macy alike very often, but when I do, I try to snap a picture on my camera phone.  This was as good as it got.  Them drinking orange juice before school.  Have I mentioned I should grow an orange tree in my backyard?  These girls drink/request orange juice like it's going out of style!  And orange juice ain't cheap, my friends! 
OK, I just had to post this pic.  Macy got sent to time out yesterday.  While she is usually pleasant, she also has many "terrible twos" moments, even at 19 months.  This timeout session resulted from her hitting at me because, if I remember correctly, I wouldn't give her something that she so badly wanted.  Orange juice perhaps??  I emailed this picture to the grandparents, and my dad's response was hilarious!  Too funny not to share!  He wrote:

Time out?!  For that precious, perfect little girl?!  AND you make her stand in her BARE feet on the cold tile floor?!  What kind of heartless Mommy and Daddy are you!  Unbelievable!  She was framed!

-Outraged Pops
This is how Abby looks after we've left Nana and Papa's house after 8:00 at night.  By the time we get home, she's OUT! This is DEFINITE blackmail material for when she gets older.  Perhaps it could be of assistance when I "politely" persuade her to go to A&M??? :)
Our nephew, Clark, turned 3 on Saturday!  And he had the most super fun birthday party at Pump It Up.  The good pictures are on Emily's camera, but I did snap this one on my phone, of 3 of the 4 cousins.  Ten-month-old, 25- pound Charlie was probably too busy devouring a large pizza of his own.

And lastly, I'll leave you with a video from Clark's party, of the three cousins sliding down the ginormous slide.  And yes, 19-month-old Macy had no problem climbing up and sliding down by herself.  Remember: you don't tell the girl she isn't four! :)

 Happy Almost Weekend, everyone!!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment