Thursday, November 10, 2011

Randomness


Fall seems to be flying by, doesn't it? Here's what we've been up to lately (warning: complete randomness!):

  • I saw a clip of Rick Perry's blunder last night in the Republican Debate. Oh my goodness. That one minute is a perfect reason for why I would never make a good President. How awkward was that?!

  • Macy thinks she's four. Don't tell her she's one. She won't believe you.

  • During bathtime tonight, as I was leading a chorus of "If You're Happy And You Know It..", Abby took the lead and began singing, "If You're Happy And You Know It, toot in the tub." Pretty certain that's not how the lyrics go. Oh, Abby.

  • I am so blessed to have such a great group of friends. (You know who you are!) There is nothing better than letting our kids run around outside after school, chatting away, and then realizing that two hours have passed.

  • We all had a touch of the tummy bug last week. There is nothing worse than doing a load of laundry in the middle of the night. Or the sound of your child vomiting on the monitor. I swear they never mentioned any of this in any baby books.

  • Halloween was So much fun this year! Abby had a blast going door to door with her pal Ava. She totally racked up on candy. Too bad she didn't get more chocolate. :)

  • Abby is LOVING Pre-K this year. Her handwriting has majorly improved, and she's learning so much. As happy as I am that she's growing up, it makes me so sad to know that she's already 4 and a half. Time is flying by.

  • Macy is also enjoying her one-day-a-week Mother's Day Out. As of three weeks ago, she no longer cries when I dropped her off! Woohoo!! It's such a blessing that she now doesn't fuss at all when she's there. And it gives Mama one day a week (well, 4.5 hours) to get things done without hauling rugrats in and out of car seats, grocery carts, etc. It's AMAZING how quickly I can get in and out of stores without kids! Wow!

  • I am in this major purging phase. Our donation pile is majorly beginning to overflow in the garage. We are planning on putting our house on the market this Spring, so we are trying to get everything in selling condition. The thought of moving "on up to the west side" is exciting to me, but overwhelming as well.

  • Matt has a new job--as of the beginning of August. The perk is that instead of his commute being 27 miles one way (near downtown Dallas), he now drives less than 10 miles and is home in 15-20 minutes! Woohoo! And the best part? He comes home for lunch most days. What a huge difference it's made on our family. Another perk is that he doesn't have to leave as early in the mornings now, so he sees the girls each morning before he goes. It's awesome having him so much closer.

  • Macy LOVES The Fresh Beat Band. Do any of you(r kids) watch this? It's like Saved By The Bell with music. She can sit through an entire one, mesmerized!

  • I love to sing. To any kind of music, especially in the car. But, did you know that when you have a 4 year old sitting behing you, it might as well be Simon Cowell? "Um, Mommy, if you are sitting in front of me, you can't sing." (I sit right in front of her when I drive.) "But, if you sit over there on the right, then you can sing." (The passenger side is always empty.) Poor me. I have been known to sing out of the side of my mouth, but she always seems to catch me. Dangit.

  • Abby moved up a class in Gymnastics, and she's doing awesome. I think her favorite part is rubbing chalk on her arms before she gets on the bars. Macy, on the other hand, doesn't enjoy sitting still long enough during class, so thank goodness for grandparents!

  • Texas A&M football--and Texas Tech football--have been so disappointing this year. It's hard being a sports fan. And don't even get me started on the Rangers. Game 6 was beyond heartbreaking.

  • I'm about to start book three of The Hunger Games. Have any of you read this trilogy? It's quite entertaining! On that same note, so is book club! How I thoroughly enjoy and look forward to the first Thursday of every month!!

  • I love pop culture, and I probably know way too much about celebrity gossip than I should, but how annoying is it that Kim Kardashian is famous?? Geez.

  • Macy loves to point at pictures of her grandparents, aunt, and uncles.

  • She can also tell you what Santa says: "Ho, ho" she declares.

  • If you do not have a prayer group at your church, then you need to start one! Our Monday Night Prayer Group at church has been on the single best things to happen to my life.

  • Another great thing to happen to our life? Having a Papa Murphy's Pizza right by our house. If you have one in your vacinity, and you haven't tried it yet, DO IT! It's our Friday night routine.

  • Abby already has her future husband picked out--Charlie, from school (and he would make a perfect beau for our Abbs!) But today, I was informed that there is another suitor vying for her affection. Abby's pal Noble is apparently set on marrying Abby. And so it begins. How in the world is Matt going to make it through years 2020-2030???? Please begin praying now.

  • The girls sit down to breakfast together every morning, and it's one of my favorite parts of my day. Maybe that's also because their mouths are full of food, so it's usually quiet. :)

  • There's so much more randomness that I'm sure I could write about, but this mama's tired, so I'm going to leave it here. I hope it won't be another three months before I post again!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! You posted! I've been waiting 3 months for this. :) Thanks!
    We miss y'all!
    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about your randomness! Hopefully I won't have to wait 3 more months :)

    I'm on book 3 of the Hunger Games trilogy. Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major Blog catch-up for you, Mrs. Tenner! LOVE Papa Murphys, Fresh Beat Band (for Faith and Jaxon), and the Hunger Games series. :)

    ReplyDelete